How to avoid duplicate entries when users are creating data in forms

I have a practical issue that entries in the forms are getting duplicated, as users chose to enter a new data when they have access to the link. This is creating duplication of entries in my database connected to the form.
How can I avoid duplicate entries, possibly using email address as a unique field ?
BR

Hi @uaebsagt ,
Yes, you can use the email as the unique key to merge records together for sure.

Could you please explain the use case ? I am guessing you need to send links to only authenticated users and they cant submit the form second time ?

Kind Regards,
Mehran

Yes, thats the right interpretation. We would like to avoid any duplicate entries, so we want to authenticate through email, or when someone is entering their email in the form, system should be able to detect if the email has already been captured. Request your kind support and advice in this regard.

Hi @uaebsagt ,
Let us work on the use case , i would keep you posted as we pushed an updated.

Kind Regards,
Mehran

Hi @uaebsagt ,
I am excited to inform you that we have added unique email check box so that same email can not be submitted again .

1 Like

Hey Mehran, I made the changes to chose email as the unique key in the form as per your recommendation. But when I check the Viprasanchaya Database, I can see a user who has submitted 8 entries with the same email ID. How can we avoid this ?

@uaebsagt , let us review the issue . Would update as soon as we have a resolution .

Onemore case, user has entered 25 entries with same email address. I had to delete one by one manually. I want a solution urgently

Submitted On Full Name of Primary Member
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 1:05 AM Vinay Kumat
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 1:02 AM Vinay Kumat
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 1:23 AM Vinay Kumat
Sat, Nov 18, 2023 2:00 PM Vinay Kumar
Sat, Nov 18, 2023 1:59 PM Vinay Kumar
Sat, Nov 18, 2023 1:58 PM Vinay Kumar
Fri, Nov 17, 2023 1:03 AM Vinay Kumat

Hi @uaebsagt ,
It may be due to old form and may have issue with the format. We can not reproduce the issue on our end and are still looking to find the root cause. Would update once we identify the issue.

Kind Regards,
Mehran

Please, as its been really creating lots of issue for us

Any updates on this issue Mehran, we are facing serious issues with many people reporting multiple records

Multiple records

Submitted On Full Name of Primary Member Email
Mon, Nov 27, 2023 1:41 AM Sahana Venkatesh sahanavenkatesh@outlook.com
Mon, Nov 27, 2023 1:40 AM Sahana Venkatesh sahanavenkatesh@outlook.com
Mon, Nov 27, 2023 1:42 AM Sahana Venkatesh sahanavenkatesh@outlook.com

Hey Mehran,
There are users who are also reporting errors when they register using the form. But when I check the Database their names are already existing with multiple records. Because it gives error, people are registering multiple times using the form. I need urgent assistance to solve this issue

Hi @uaebsagt ,
I am sorry for the delayed resolution and have escalated the issue to the dev team. Let us try to get back with a proper resolution .

Kind Regards,
Mehran

Thank you expecting your kind feedback

Mehran, Any progress, we are facing serious issues with duplicate records.

Who is this person testing data ? wit multpiple records ?
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich
Roosevelt Pollich

hi @uaebsagt , we have pushed some changes few minutes back. can you check next few days and report back if any issues ?

Hi Mehran, I tried to add a record with an existing email id, and the record got saved. Please find below details

Submitted On Full Name of Primary Member(*) Email (*)
Fri, Dec 8, 2023 3:52 AM Arun Vasan arunshi@yahoo.com
Wed, Dec 6, 2023 6:32 AM Arun Vasan arunshi@yahoo.com

very odd . you have a big form may be let us try to duplicate the form and test on our end . d update once i push something .